Unable to flash X6R with EU LBT firmware

John Armstrong 2

I have a couple of pre EU LBT X6R receivers but my Taranis Plus is running EU LBT firmware on the XJT module. I have made up a set of cables to flash the receiver from the transmitter. The correct firmware has been copied over onto the firmwares folder on the memory card. When I go into boot mode and select the receiver firmware the only option given to me is Delete. Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong. Also with the receiver attached I do not get power on the receiver.

Advert

Hi John,

I've just been and flashed one of my spare receivers. You do not need to be in boot loader mode to do it (well not on 2.2 anyway)

Plug in your lead, turn on the external module, then navigate to your firmware on the SD card and flash it from there. I made a note on my sheet, as that caught me out the first time.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hope that helps

Cheers

Mark

Hi Bob,

I found that the receiver will not power up if you are just using the lead out of the pins on the back of the tanaris to the s-port on the receiver without the external module on. The reason I first updated the firmware on my Tanaris was because the older versions did not allow you to flash receivers like this, I can't remember which version it changed.

Cheers

Mark

Edited By Mark Elen on 12/10/2017 12:00:51

Given that upgrading from openTx 2.0.x to 2.1 or 2.2 can be quite involved, you might like to consider flashing one of my builds of 2.0.15 through 2.0.19 where I included "maintenance mode" that provides the flashing of SPort devices. You may find then here: **LINK**. together with instructins for use.

I wrote the flashing code, and put in in ersky9x, then I added it to openTx as the 2.1 release was much later appearing.

Mike.

Posted by Mark Elen on 12/10/2017 12:08:21:

Hi Bob,

I stand corrected, just had another go without turning on the external module and yes, sure enough as soon as you tell it to flash the external module, it powers up the receiver, flashes the firmware then powers down the receiver.

Cheers

Mark

You had me going there Mark, I'd only flashed all my X series stuff to EU-LBT recently and reading your earlier post thought I was losing the plot - again!

Not that at all, you will not affect your BMFA insurance and updating to the EU firmware means that older kit will meet the newer EU standard.

Personally rather than doing the half-way house of an upgrade to an older version of OpenTX, this topic illustrates why it is useful to keep OpenTX upgraded. Winter is approaching and now is an ideal time to do these upgrades.

Mine has a sticker on the back saying it conforms to CE ETSI 300 328.

I upgraded to EU LBT firmware when it was available and did the second update to it when it became available soon after.

All I can say is that since I've been using it, it has been rock solid. I range test my kit before first use and every 3 or 4 flying sessions.

I'm going to be using it in the hawk that I'm building, if I had the slightest concern about its reliability, I would be going out to buy something else. Up to now it has performed faultlessly.

To me, it's not that it's a cheap radio (and it certainly isn't the best looking), it's the programming possibilities and the easy integration of sensors - the hawk is going to be running 2 X 4S batteries in series, I've got a pair of Lipo sensors and will be programming them up to show on telemetry the lowest cell voltage of both packs, it will also call this out to me when it's getting low.

You can probably tell that I like my Tanaris.

Cheers

Mark