Greenair Designs Mosquito

Yorkman

Advert

Yorkman,

I have one from Galaxy models - 48" windspan and it flys really well - except, in for repairs as one of the motors went a bit awry on take off and I didn't get chance to cut and glide before the ground hit it abruptly.  It is hand launched - preferably by someone else.

Would incl a photo but can't manage the technology! - my pic is more than 250kb but will try and reduce.

Visit galaxy models website.

Peter

thanks Chris-just had another look-yes, like the old Phantom, always strikes me as one of the last 'hairy chested' jet fighters/bombers like the Lightning and Buccaneer-no namby-pamby electronics helping those guys around!

Glad Greenair are still around-the Mossie is looking like this year's birthday pressie to myself!

Hi Yorkman,

Don't know about hairy chested, but I had an F4 from Leicester Model Centre years ago. It was a GF fus with foam wings at 6 1/2 pounds it flew and turned like a truck, and this was a slope version !. I floggedf it in the end, as every time I turned up at the slope with it everyone else cleared off !.

I've had a few bits from Green Air, and all of them have been first class. My D Tyke was brilliant and far outstripped my abilities. It flew like a jet on a CD rom motor pulling 16 amps on a 4 1/2 x 2" prop. I've got a pair of Ally Cats for the motor. Good luck with the mossie.

Cheers,

Chris.

• 4 weeks later...

I did build the Green Air Mossy.  It flew well although I had motor problems using the GAD motor/controller setup.  Mike Black of GAD was very helpful in advice because I was having so much trouble with the power train.  Two problems remained.

First was I followed the instructions on fitting the ailerons and used the supplied wire and tubing.  Not a good move as the sleeving was too tight on the wire so when flying is was sluggish on ailerons.  Make sure there is no binding.  If I did it again I would use thicker wire.  Second problem was that if I opened up the throttle too much one of the motors would stop.  Never got to the bottom of that one.  Had to be careful when flying not to open up too much - still had bags of power though.  It was - past tense - a nice plane and I learnt from it.

Just finished a Chris Gould plan Beverley 72" and have four brushless motors on song turning scale size 4 blader props.  No engine problems and loads of power. Waiting for our new flying site to be fit for use and I'll find out if it flies as good as it looks.

Nik

Hi Nik

thanks for the positive input. Once it happens I will keep an eye on the aileron setup.

As for the powertrain, I was intending to ask for guidance re alternative motors as I can't find the GAD ones on the web, and the 'complete' package from greenair seems awful expensive compared to what you can get motors/escs/servos for from giantcod...

how heavy/what wingloading is the Beverly? Same size as the York...

/sites/3/images/member_albums/33772/Beverley_Side0.jpg

The Beverley - my latest pride and joy. Originally designed for 4x400 direct drive motors with 5" Gunther props. 8x2000mAh NiMH. 4.875lbs weight. Span 72". My setup is 4x830Kv [125W] brushless, 4x25A ESC, 2x2200mAh 4S Lipo in parallel and most important - 4 blader props! Result is 720W measured power [static thrust 4.85lbs] and model weight of 6.6lbs. Motors are overrated but I don't have to use full throttle!

Motors and controllers from BRS Hobbies. Not expensive. I've decided always to use ESC with at least 50% amps margin if not 100%. Beverley setup draws only 11.5A per motor.

Nik