Design & Build Mitsubishi KI-46 "Dinah"

Hi All,

I've started drawing again, something a little different. The idea came to me during the xmas break whilst looking round a hobby shop and this model struck me so I bought a plastic kit, as you do and put it to one side whilst I concentrated on the Dornier Do 24.

Well this afternoon I was bored, waiting for glue to dry, my wife was working, the kids were busy and the weather was raining so no flying. So I gathered my drawing equipment and headed to the kitchen.

The Mitsubishi Ki-46 was designed as a reconnaissance aircraft and was aerodynamically clean and most efficient piston engined aircraft ever built, this is what I have read. it's performance was similar to that of the DH Mosquito.

The first flight was in November 1939 and remained in production until 1944 when the factory was hit in a bombing raid.

The original aircraft had a wingspan of 48ft 2ins and a top speed of 375mph.

Following the demise of my Wellington. I have the motors and ESC's etc so I am going for 1/10 scale which brings it the wingspan to 58" with a very light construction. a 1/16th only came out at 36" span.

dsc03861.jpg

Going to need a bit of washout on those wings

dsc03860.jpg

mitsubishi_dinah.jpg

The two main variants not too sure if I like the lower one, that said the front cockpit would make a good battery hatch

dsc03862.jpg

Drawing so far just the outline done.

For the moment I'll be dipping in and out of this project

That's all for now on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Regards

Robert

Edited By Robert Parker on 28/01/2018 16:41:41

• 5 weeks later...
Advert

If not the only one, it will be one of the few

You have to scroll down a bit for flying pictures of the Dinah during the aircombat contest.

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php/481468-2014-11-08-DMFV-Aircombat-Jahresrundenabschluß-Ahlen-(Westf-)/page4

And a smaller version from the same pilot (seems he liked the model):

**LINK**

76563081-19cf-4658-b51b-d5627b0bc88a.jpeg

Edited By Timo Starkloff on 28/02/2018 20:27:22

Edited By Timo Starkloff on 28/02/2018 20:28:28