Co2 Motor head

onetenor

Anyone know how to remove the cylinder head from the Telco Shark/ Humbrol type CO2 motor cylinder head .The one with the red plastic head. I need to check piston but I am a bit chary of damaging the head or c/case.,,,,,,,,,l,'ve had a try but the fit seems Very tight..Any advice appreciated. Thanks for reading guys.

Advert

If i recall, you twist the whole cylinder to alter the rpm (raises or lowers the valve in the head in relation to the piston). Keep twisting it anticlock and it should come off but dont let the pipe twist.

This method of throttle control wasnt great as the pipe suffers as you twist it when mounted in a model!

Edited By dave windymiller on 12/02/2018 22:18:54

I thought the Telco adjusted its running speed by altering an offset nut on the front of the crankshaft which raised or lowered the crankshaft thus restricting the amount of CO2 passing into the cylinder.

I have a brand new one here I have just looked at. Mine has a metal cylinder head

• 9 months later...

Hi onetenor,

I realize your post is from earlier inthe year, but I run a Facebook page named "CO2 Model Flying" and we discuss working on these motors, and you can post a question. Heres the link

**LINK**

As well, I sell parts for many different type CO2 motors, you can view the current catalog at this link:

**LINK**

We're just a group of guys trying to figger out this co2 motor stuff together, feel fre to ask anything.

Buz