R/C plans for rubber powered

Advert

Hi Reg, In answer to your question, you can convert an r.c. design to rubber power but there are a few things you will need to consider. An r.c. model may not have enough built in stability to fly free flight, eg. an aerobatic model will require constant correction by the pilot whilst a high wing trainer with plenty of dihedral may be fine. Big thing to consider is will the fuselage take the strain of the rubber? Not only will you have the compression of the tensioned rubber but also the twisting effect from nose to tail. Also take into account the wing loading, rubber powered models tend to be very light. The first model I built as a kid was a Keil Kraft Ace (rubber) and If I remember correctly it had a 30 inch wingspan and an all up weight of just over 4 ounces. The thing would slope soar if you broke wind in its general direction. Good luck, Phil.

Thankyou Phil Winks for your help. You see I m a newbie but getting bored and need something to inspire me . I can t go on to r/c because my arthitic hip won t allow the freedom I need.I do so much enjoy making planes. After my retirement it has given a new outlook on hobbies. I need the daily challenge different aircraft give me thanks so much.  PS this site has taught me, never be afraid to ask. As T.S Elliot once said ,"Humility is endless"  Reg

I have looked on many sites, I can see many r/c plans but not rubber powered plans. Please does anyone know of a site where I can obtain the latter.I would still like to convert r/c to rubber plans,but thought I could start on a plane that would be easier to start on to begin with many thanks to you all Reg