Vintage kit

Hello, over 40 years ago I bought a Kyosho Shrike Commander kit. I now wish to complete construction of it and rebuild parts that have gone missing. Unfortunately the plan is one of the things that has got lost. It would be helpful if I could locate a replacement plan. Can anyone help/suggest where I might find one? Tony. Lowestoft

Advert

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum. First, was it a model of an Aero Commander Strike (Scale twin GA aircraft)? Second, I am not doubting you but are you sure it is/was made by Kyosho? I only ask as I wasn't aware that Kyosho were making model aircraft forty years ago and I can't find anything on the net of a similar description (I appreciate that production would have ceased many years ago). Locating a plan would be a challenge. You could try emailing this chap but don't hold your breath as he doesn't have anything listed under Kyosho. Unlikely you will find anything from Aerofred or Outerzone, I would have thought. You may have to 'wing it' without a plan (make it up as you go along), or build another model!

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

It was indeed a Kyosho Shrike Commander just over 1m in span for two 09’s if my memory serves me well, a friend had one back in the day with two OS 10 FSR’s IIRC flew really well I know he wore it out!

I thought I had a copy of the plan somewhere but it was a long time ago, I have recently gone through a lot of my plans and have not happened upon it yet but I do have another 3 very large boxes to go so will keep a look out for it, keep looking for the plan the model is worth the trouble.

Edited By Nigel Dell on 27/02/2018 21:29:52

Gentlemen

Many thanks for your quick responses. I had already located a "Ken Holden" basic plan and that is what I am now also able to view in Outerzone.

Fuselage, tailplane, Fin and engine nacelles have pretty much survived. Strangely, hardly any of the wings remain.. However, I do have one aileron and a wingtip. From these pieces, together with the Ken Holden plan, I should be able to "wing it" and complete the model quite comfortably.

Once again, many thanks for your replies.