Orange RX3SM Mounting for Flying Wing

EvilC57

Hi All,

I'm using an Orange RX3SM 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer/Receiver in a small flying wing.

I know that you have to keep the wing-type settings at the Tx to just basic aileron, and change the 'Delta' switch at the RX3 to 'Delta'. I also have the left elevon connected to Ch2 (Aileron), and right elevon to Ch3 (Elevator) at the receiver.

All works OK except that the pitch gyro works in the wrong sense. I.E. Roll stab is OK in that if right wing goes up, right elevon goes up, and vice versa. However Pitch stab is wrong in that if the nose goes up, both elevons go up rather than down as they should.

I've tried every combination of servo direction reverse settings at both Tx and Rx, but the only thing which corrects this problem, is to mount the receiver the other way up, which is inconvenient due to its position on top of the wing.

The reverser switches on the RX3 only affect the servo direction (as controlled by the Tx), not the gyro sense direction.

The OrangeRX instructions are very vague with regard to mounting orientation. Can anyone suggest a way of reversing the pitch gyro sensing orientation please?

Ta.

Advert

Hello,

I had exactly the same issue with an Eagle Tree Guardian mounted to a Tek Sumo flying wing. The solution for me was to turn the pitch potentiometer adjuster (aka 'pot' or 'gain' ) using a small jewellers screwdriver. I needed to turn mine by about 180 degrees which ought to reverse the direction of travel of the elevons.

You will then probably need to fine tune both pitch and roll pots to your liking. I have mine mapped to a rotary control on my Tx so that I can adjust overall gain whilst flying.

I hope this helps.

Edited By John Roberts 9 on 15/03/2018 12:25:09

Hi John (et all),

I've answered my own question now thanks.

The answer was to reverse the elevon connections so that left now goes to Ch3 (Elevator), and right goes to Ch2 (Aileron), and then reverse the aileron servo direction at the Tx.

There had to be a way, it was just a question of finding the right combination smileylaughnerd !

Pitch, roll and everything else OK now, so I can go and fly!!!