Yaw Trim on Gyro/Esc combi.

Dave Parrish

Hi all, I have a contra rotating heli which turns to the right (starboard if I need to be correct) on take off. I have full left trim on the transmitter with no adjustment left. My question is this, there are two pots on the gyro/Esc unit but which one alters the yaw is it Gyro or Pitch. I guess it may be Gyro but am not sure. Hope someone can answer my question thanks....

Kind Regards Dave.

Advert

Thankyou both for the replies. The heli is a CML Orbiter. Last time I wrote a thread Eric you did not now this heli but its just like any other contra heli similar to v3 and v4 Llama. I was also told this was factory set but kept on crashing it. Then found out a bit of plastic housing had come unclipped from the swashplate so I did not have any control at all on the pitch of the blades and the servos were flopping about doing nothing. Is gain the same as pitch?

Kind regards Dave..

P.S. the heli is flown just above head height but still needs left stick input to keep the nose facing the right direction. I fly mode 2. Rudder and yaw on left stick + throttle.

Cheers Birdy. Got it flying a bit better but then took the heads of the girlfriends carnations in the garden . Now I'm in trouble. Have to fly in the car park now, wish we could have a calm day for a change. Have also got an EDF jet waiting for its test flight but way to windy in the south. If it aint windy its hacking it down just cant win. BIG SIGH.

Regards Dave.

Hi dave.

The Cx heli's are best set up in doors, and then you can fly in still air out side, but come of the ground with a good amount of stick as the ground affect can be a misleading, and the tail will shift to one side if the giro has to much gain set on it and the other pot on the Rx 4 in 1 will balance the yawl of the tail, but the tail should be still at about 6 ft of the ground and hover level if it side slips or goes forward or backward the swash plate needs leveling. I hope this is of some use to getting it to fly.

happy hovering Owen.  

Hi Owen, Great piece of info, brilliant thankyou. my swashplate is not level, its leaning forward. This could also be why it flys backwards fairly quickly but struggles going forward. If I could ask another quick question,,, I am braking more blades in flight , than I was when learning (still am learning). They hit each other quite a lot when doing a tight turn or there is a strong gust of wind (strong for this heli anyway) am I being to violent on the sticks?

Thankyou again Owen

Kind regards Dave...

Hi Dave.

This sounds like my early days, you need to adjust the servo links so the swash plate is level and it hovers level and still, and when you turn keep the Helli flying full ward and and use ruder only and give it a little more throttle to make it tip slightly rarther than using the aileron stick as this will stop the blades hitting each other. this may help.

get hovering Owen. 

Hi Owen, Thanks again for the info. I did adjust the swashplate but did not anticipate the change needed for the trims.

Just doing a quick adjustment.....

Ah. Just had it hovering almost handsfree and the blades are still intact. That made for a lot more relaxing flight . Brilliant..

Thanks again

Best regards Dave...