DB Tiger Moth 58"

I'm building this from a kit that someone else had started, just - the bits completed have been done very well indeed and I have no reason to believe any parts are missing. But I cannot locate part #150, rail[s] that fit together with parts #132 to form servo bearers. I can bluff my way through, but perhaps someone knows what part this is? I'm still fairly inexperienced at building, though I've completed a couple of traditional kits successfully.

Thanks - Tony

Advert

Percy, thanks - I should have thought of contacting DB directly, since I believe they have a reputation for helpfulness.

Dave, great advice, thanks - the instructions & plans are in places rather short on detail, such as in this case! Yes, I'd sort of deduced that part #150 was probably to position those servo bearers correctly - but again, I see nothing in the instructions to do with servo mounting... It was probably assumed by DB that this kit would be built by modellers more experienced than me... I have plenty of 6mm balsa, will use that - hardly any of the strip balsa in this kit is identified with a part number. Did you build yours for electric, or i/c? Mine will be electric, and there seem to be a few build write-ups here and elsewhere for that option.

rgds Tony

Hi Tony

Unfortunately my kit is still on the maturing shelf waiting inspiration! Hopefully I can start next summer when I become a full time aeromodeller. I will probably go electric for this one, although I am looking for an excuse to buy a Satio 45.

You are correct, many kit instructions assume the builder has some experience & can work out things for themselves. The build logs on this forum are a great source of ideas for solving most problems.

Regards

Dave