Peacemaker

Martin, at last ! I flew my Peacemaker yesterday using a borrowed "well used " lipo, with all the mods listed it flew really well, strong gusty winds at our field yesterday, but the plane coped well,it needs slightly less elevator,but loops slow rolls even a bit of inverted all coped with well, many thanks for your input, looking forward to many happy hours flying my Peacemaker. Regards Geoff.

Advert

3 more flights yesterday, wind still strong and gusty, first flight was with settings as previous flights , but the second two were with reduced elevator and increased aileron, what a difference, the rolls were axial and the plane felt a lot more stable, I now use the new batteries that came on Tuesday, Turngy 2200 3s 40c, the first flight was timed at 3 mins. on landing a battery check gave 73%left, the timer was increased to 5 mins which left 65% in the battery, increasing to 6 mins left over 50% left, I was amazed at this as I was not trying for duration , it was my average flight which does not include many straight and level circuits, I think I have the plane well sorted now, I was planning to use it as a winter hack for next year but I have promoted it to a go to plane for this year, when the plane performed so bad after the first flight I offered it free to one of our club members who normally does not refuse anything, but he refused it ,on seeing it now fly asked if the airframe was" still free to good home " guess what my answer was?

• 2 months later...