F/W R/C Flying Training

geofb

I have my A cert and want to be able to take my B. I am self taught but now would like to get some "expert" tuition to improve (and rectify??) my flying skills. I live in the Midlands and so I'm looking for someone who is, say, no more than a one hour (or so) drive away. I would be happy to pay for the right level of tuition.

I have trawled various forums etc and all I could find was mention of, and I quote, "Colin Chapman, who runs Midlands Flight Training, has two sites available for tuition, both in Northamptonshire. Tuition is normally charged at £25 per hour and you can use your own model or one of Colin's models. You can get in touch with Colin on 07711 963939." I have tried to contact him but the number rings out but is never answered! If anyone knows whether Colin is still around please let me know.

Are there any other similar R/C Flying Training Services available in the "Midlands" area?

As an alternative you could join a local club. Almost all clubs have experienced flyers who are only too happy to provide training/guidance in achieving B standard and will have qualified examiners who will assess and award certification.

Joining a club might also make life easier with regard to the impending EASA regulation compliance.

When you make contact with a local club, most have "Guest" arrangements which allow some flying to give you time to find out if that Club suits your needs.

Model Flyers are generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you into the club.

Ian

Yes, a club would be easier, cheaper and possibly more effective. I think there is a reason there are so few "flying schools" around - it is that the clubs, generally speaking, do this very well.

One of the best ways to improve is to ask one of the club examiners to give you some "mock" tests. He'll fly you through the schedule, tell you where you are OK and what you need to work on and, usually, will then give you some coaching on how to do it! You can't really ask for better than that can you? smile

BEB