Olympics 2012

Phils

Dear All,

I did look to see if there was a thread for this first so my appologies if I missed it still . . .

I am currently enjoying watching the Olympics and the many sports that are now included within this 4 year event with new disiplines being added all the time.

As model flying is recognised by the Sports council as a Sport within the UK and is represented by the BMFA both at home and internationally with the FAI & CIAM, I wonder if there is a case for including model flying in the next 2012 Olympics.

With the vast range of events that take place witihin our sport it would be unlikely that all disiplines could be included and I would not want to disadvantage any of them by suggesting events but surely an event that would represent the best of the hobby and raise our profile can only do good. There are many types of model flying competition that would be as active as archery or rifle shooting (no disrespect, just an example).

Is there any chance that we modellers as a group, the trade that we support or the BMFA can put forward an application for a model flying event within the Olympic framework for London 2012?

Phil.

Advert