Name that plane???

Mr Sam

HELP bought this little beast at the Nats havent a clue what it is or what its designed for

CofG seems WAY forward like only a cm or so off the leading edge very slow rolls takes a good strethch to take off and comes in to land at some terrific speed........my first go with something non high wing!!

only trouble is it came with................an MDS, its almost cost me the plane allready so has emediatly been removed!!

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff119/samtait87/DSC_0090.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff119/samtait87/DSC_0088.jpg

looks to be more of a racer than an aerobat??

would love to know what it is or who its made by and what engines i can put in it and mainly CofG?

re-arranging some of those words in google came up with a nice little RCM&E 1975 free plan of a pylon racer here

also while searching it i notice July issue this yeah had a nice little cussat racer, might try get hold of a copy

and another mag had a free plan called the okie swinger that also looks rather simular

im hoping when i get a reliable engine in it and the CofG right its going to be a right little speed machine, and i dont even have to fold the seats down in the car to transport it

dont worry the plane came with the MDS (i nearly didny buy it because of this)

temptation got the better of me and it seemed to run fine on the ground even with the nose up test but once in the air its a bag of nails and has a mind of its own, it almost cost me the aircraft when it cut on the 4th flight, when i got home it emediatly went in the bin

i cant afford an OS 30 FX so settling for an SC32 when i get down to the model shop later today

but yes ive heard nothing but bad press about the MDS engines, mixed opinions on why there so rubbish some say design tollerances are none egsistant some reccon its the carbs on them, i know when mine had warmed up and i re-checked compresion there was a hell of alot of play between the con rod and piston