Well done LMA

Just back from a very hot Cosford.

Been going for over 20 years and it was one of the best.

RAF through the ages was an excellent idea and although it received some question about the non RAF models it worked very well and showed the variety of models on display. My favourite were the three V bombers!

Commentary and music were excellent, well prepared and executed. Others could learn a lot!

Well done to all, including those who were stood in the sun all day such as parking and pay gates.

Advert

Yes, it was excellent. Trade support was a bit thin compared to previous years but I'm afraid that's something else the internet has affected (and I'm a keen itnernet user myself). Both my wife and I enjoyed our day.

The flying was good but perhaps the most exciting thing was a narrow gust of wind that totally took out a stall (neighbouring ones seemed almost unaffected) and blue a big gazebo style awning into a car and caravan 50 metres away, narrowly missing a woman walking a dog. Luckily I'd stopped to admire the Constellation or, as I was carrying a sheet of steel back to the car, I could have been blown away like Dorothy and ended up in Oz I did notice the Connie make a little shake immediately before the blast but it was unaffected.

Geoff

I don't know but Connie seemed indifferent

I don't think it's an occlusion which isn't so localised (in this case just a few feet wide). An occlusion is when a cold front pushes warm air upwards and causes the air to cool and release its moisture as cloud or rain and so affects a much wider area. The meteorology I had to study to pass my Yachtmaster's theory exam is a bit limited but I think that's right.

I was only a few feet from the gust and it didn't feel like much at all until I saw the awning bowling along the ground and the flattened (quite big) stall. It was remarkable (hence my remarking on it). When we were cycling in the Pyrenees a good few years ago a much stronger gust damaged hotels and other buildings in Lourdes but left neighbouring one un touched. So such phenomena are not exactly unknown but (fortunately) relatively rare in the UK.

We started our journey back to Derby via the A5 and A38 about 4.25 and enjoyed a relatively traffic free run. Something to thank the Football World cup for?

Geoff