3DHS / Extremeflight Recommended retailer?

I am looking at purchasing another model, this time it will be the 3DHS 95" Extra 330SC -E along with XPWR60cc motor. As this will be a fairly expensive purchase (my most expensive plane so far), I thought I would see who others are using for their 3DHS planes, my last ones came from gashanger.

Ideally I would like to purchase from a retailer who has :

1. Good response time to communications, both email and phone.

2. Good / fair problem resolution in the event that something is / does go wrong.

I don't mind paying a little extra if I need to order from abroad.

I'm aiming to purchase around Christmas time and this will be my winter build project.

Any recommendations welcome.

Thanks in advance. smiley

Advert

Interesting question, John. Not that I can answer it, but after electrifying a couple of 60 cc jobs (Goldwing's Corvus & Sbach 342) I am interested in going in the direction you are. XPWR60cc motors are great motors by the way and the kit looks interesting too. I am keen to hear how you resolve your question. laugh

For what it's worth Probuild UK seems to have the gear your after, but I along with others on the forum have mixed experiences with them on customer service and aftercare. I guess you pay your money and takes your chance, but in view of the cost outlay that is not really acceptable. Let me know how you get on.

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 13/07/2018 13:21:23:

For what it's worth Probuild UK seems to have the gear your after, but I along with others on the forum have mixed experiences with them on customer service and aftercare. I guess you pay your money and takes your chance, but in view of the cost outlay that is not really acceptable. Let me know how you get on.

hmmmm I have dealt with them before... Hence why I have asked this question. wink

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 13/07/2018 13:24:29:

I know it's not what you want, but Kings Lynn Models have this:

**LINK**

I have had good service from them in the past & recently.

It's a nice looking plane, but I really want the biggest I can get in Electric, 87 doesn't seem that much bigger than my 74"'s , I think the 95" is the biggest that's really practical as an electric.

I'd really like one of these **LINK** but not sure what electric setup I would need, I'm guessing it would probably need 4 x 6s 500mah packs which isn't ideal.

I will keep the thread updated.