Bad case of the glitches

Hi all can anyone help or offer any advice , i have a gws tigermoth 400 wich i have  just finished ,but each time i do a range test ,as soon as i get about 30 feet away from the model it goes mentle, if i extend the aeriel a little it seems ok but even with a half extended aeriel it still goes mad at about 40 yards, I was using a gws miro rx (naro type) but i changed that for a hitec 4 ch long range one and that has made it a bit better but even that goes mad at about 35-40 yards when the aeriel is right down , so still dont want to fly it yet.

The radio is a hitec optic 6 and have never had a problem with it before ....

Any help would be welcome.. thanks .....Alvin  

HI Eric,

thanks for the help i have tried everything but it still wont stop twiching, i even changed the esc and motor today , but still no better, honestly iv never had one like it,

I did manage a range check with the aerial right up with the help of my daughter today and i recon i got about 80/100 yards and it seems ok but ran out of light so tomorow all being well i will fly it,

thanks again Eric and David ..

ps David keep up the good work,    (great mag!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sometimes holding the model about a foot(or 300 mm. if you like) above the ground-damp grass,or metallic elements in the soil may have something to do with it,I have an old Futaba attack (29 mhz. A.M.)that does that but it performs quite O.K.in normal use,but I like to keep an eye on battery level,just in case.I think Dave Ashby has a good point,30 metres is isually considered good enough.Some receivers just freeze if the signal is lost-others,particularly the smaller ones,go troppo.I've seen a few models go in due to a momentary loss of signal,just a momentary glitch but enough to apply a big whack of aileron at just the wrong time,I think the thing to remember if you're using a park flying type model,keep it fairly close and never point the t.x antenna directly at the model.