Hi i am about to build the moonglow from plans in this months rcm&e and i would like some help and explanations if you can ?

1 The fuz. length in the data file is 56" / 1422mm put the front and rear fuz. plans together and the length is 48" /1200mm wich length is right ?

2 On the plan the fin post is shown sandwiched between the rear fuz. sides but not in the pic. in the mag. ie look at the pic. small fillet that blends the tailplane to the fuz.

3 Do the 1/4" wing doublers go all the way to the back of F1 bulkhead or are they to the rear of F2 bulkhead only

many thanks Pat. Checkley

Hi Pat

I am also building the Moonglow IV.

1: I haven't measured the length but the mag plan is the same length as the original plan (which you can download from the web for free) so I assume the data file is wrong

2: I think it goes through fuz. sides

3: The original plan shows 1/16th ply doublers and, I think, go all the way to F1

I asked a question on here about dihedral which isn't shown on original plan but apparently is 2" under each wingtip. I have got as far as making card templates and cutting out fuz. sides and back end parts. Seems a very straightforward build (may regret saying that!) and everyone says they fly very well. Mine will be IC

Hi Masher many thanks for the reply and help

i'll go for the plan length, of 56", the fin post i will pack out until i glue in the whole fin, and i will use 1/16 ply all the way to F1. it is sometimes nice to have other peoples opinions on build matters.

i to am going down the i.c. engine route i have just purchased a 0.80 a.s.p. four stroke from just engines ,

i have noticed the dihedral braces on the plan and a picture of the center section in the mag.

good luck with your build an enjoy

regards Pat. Checkley

Ok, that's 48" Pat

Looking at the plan again, the fin post probably doesn't go through the fuz. sides. The side view has dashed lines where the fin post is but I think these must represent the chamfer on the two sides. Unfortunately the top view is obscured by the side view. Probably not too important.