Servo Buzz on Speed Air

Anthony Green

Hello All, I understand that the buzz from the servo is because of friction from the control rods. I am just setting up a Blackhorse Speed Air...The control rods are already installed just need to be cut to size and connected. The instructions say to bend the control rod a feed through the servo and then use those plastic clips to hold the rods in place. Now this is my problem, when the clips aren't on there is no servo buzz but the rods slip out of the servo arm when a put the clips on the buzzing starts...Has anyone any ideas to how i can get this to stop? All help would be appreciated Thanks

Hi they are futaba s3003 servos, They didnt buzz in my other plane, i adjusted the aileron control rods and managed to stop that servo buzzing, but i still have the other three buzzing, i have adjusted the rods and moving the servo arm but i hadn't thought of moving the servo higher... don't know if this is pratical in the speed air, but will have a look tonight. So does the buzzing damage the servos or is it just draining the battery quicker?? Thanks

• 2 months later...
Hi ive built a super air and found that the control rods where of such poor quality that they broke when trying to do either the L bend or the z bend i had the same tight fit with the plastic keepers also the rods bound in the sleeves so i had the same buzzing in the end i changed over to snakes and that fixed the problems.