Fliton Rogue

GrumpyGnome

Had a few more flights now so here's some extra info.

I added some light balsa triangular stock to the undercarriage mounts and it seems better. But then again, I'm getting used to doing three pointers with it - biggest problem is remembering not to fly until the batteries are run down.  I also had to bind one of the legs with carbon tows and cyano as it split/delaminated.  Not added the one piece u/c so far ...............

Rolls are beautifully axial. 

It'll loop practically in it's  own length.

Rudder is very very powerful.

Quite a lot of 'diving' to the undercarriage in knife edge.

Because of the undercarriage problems......... the underneath of the fus is now less than pristine,  my left bottom wing has a slightly crushed leading edge where the u/c leg has whacked it, I've added a few stickers to cover the puncture holes made by the u/c whacking the wing, I've added a great big Model Flyer sticker to the fus to hide the hole I needed to make to be able to beef up the u/c mount.  All in all, slightly less than pristine !  Still flies very very well though!

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

Final (?) update .....................

Trashed my Mini Ultra Stik so I've taken the metal undercart off that and grafted it onto the Rogue.  It's red so it fits in OK with the colour scheme  - interior designer I aint !  It's heavier but I'm not good enough a flier to notice much difference - I did shove the battery back an inch or so to compensate.  

Had another dozen or so flights with it now and no undercart issues.  Partly as this is stronger and partly, I suspect, as I get used to landing the aircraft more.

Happy landings !

GG