30a HK v Simonk 30a

rcaddict

i changed a 30a esc simonk to a 30a HK esc due to a broken wire and i have to say the extra power from the HK was extremely noticeable so much so that the 1000mah battery drained in no time

both esc were 30amp constant with 40amp burst

motor turnigy 2826 2200kv

prop 7 x 5

what different esc settings would cause this ?

Advert

There is no magic that allows one ESC to put more power in to a motor that another could not.

Perhaps the throttle stick was not calibrated properly?

Search google for "simonk manual", there may be something in one of the many manuals out there.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2092381-What-s-so-good-about-SimonK-anyway

If both tests were carried out with the drive train drawing the same current from the battery, then the only reason one lasted longer than the other can only be down to the battery itself. Either it wasn't fully charged in both tests or it had less energy stored for some other reason.

As Nigel says, there's no magic in an esc that would cause that. Of course one esc could be transferring the energy more efficiently to the motor than another which would mean more power at the prop but if you're just measuring the load current then only the battery could be the difference.

Geoff

Posted by rcaddict on 30/01/2019 14:54:28:

i changed a 30a esc simonk to a 30a HK esc due to a broken wire and i have to say the extra power from the HK was extremely noticeable so much so that the 1000mah battery drained in no time

both esc were 30amp constant with 40amp burst

motor turnigy 2826 2200kv

prop 7 x 5

what different esc settings would cause this ?

It can only be down to the characteristics of the speed controller.....there is no extra power....the battery is the power source, the motor is the load....how the power is transferred into the load or how the load draws power from the source is governed solely by the speedo....An ammeter in series with the battery leads will tell you that the motor is drawing the same current....,(Kirchoff's Law)