RBC kits A4 Skyhawk build

Jack Petrie

I ordered this a while back and have decided to take on this build as would love to have an EDF Skyhawk. I'm a fairly novice builder having only done a few kits, nothing like this with a plan and little to no instructions but thought I would give this a go in the hope I'd get some advice online from people who have built this kit throughout the log of this build

Unusual construction method, like nothing I have done before! I did some of the wing last night and to my surprise it has come out looking fairly straight and right where it should. wing 1.jpg

Advert

Nice to see the Skyhawk being built again Jack. I did part of the design for RBC way back then, in fact my prototype is still hanging in the RBCkits office (the Blue Angels version you can see in the pictures on the website).

I gave it up at an early stage, not because it did not fly well, but I had trouble keeping my orientation. The all-blue scheme did not help there.

Have fun with the build.

Max.

It's coming along fairly well, it is a tricky build though and a few bits have had me a bit stumped. It's also tricky to keep everything straight whilst applying the sheeting!

Yeah Max I can imagine, it's fast and small! Luckily my eyes are pretty good or I wouldn't have much chance with this. Still deciding on a colour scheme to paint it in.

Sorry Jack, this was 18 years ago, I don't remember. I have tried to find relevant pictures, but on only one of those (of the completed and dark blue covered model) I can vaguely see that the servo was in the fin, above and slightly aft of the LE of the tailplane. I think the arm was sticking out and moved the elevator with a linking rod and the horn sitting on top. This seems to be confirmed by some of my build pictures showing a slot in the fin. What does the current drawing say?

dsc00835.jpg

dsc00836.jpg

Edited By Max Z on 13/03/2019 16:48:32

Your model looked fantastic Max, you've got some serious covering skills. I've decided to go with fibreglassing and painting as that's the only way I will get a halfway decent finish!

Exactly that i think, sits just above the tail in the fin with a single control horn and torque rod in the tail.