MZ-12 Pro S/W updating

Nik Harrison

Recent purchase of Graupner MZ-12 Pro Tx and Falcon 12 Rx. So far I have been unable to connect the Tx to a PC to use the Graupner grStudio program. I have used a Windows 7 and a Windows 10 PC but no joy. Graupner have been helpful but not able to tell me what if anything I'm doing wrong. My question is has anybody successfully connected a MZ-12 Pro to a PC?

Here's hoping somebody has.

Nik

Advert

Nik, my internet went off half way through !

I did this update with a collegue on his Tower computer with Windows 10, so not Windows 7

The process was as the book, following their instructions, it just worked.

Now some computers have slower and faster USB ports, identified from the computer manual, we had the lead in the highest speed quoted port, not on the front BTW but at the rear

I think if this process was a common weakness then we would have heard about it.

Get your machine up to speed, using system cleaners etc Disk Clean

Have the lead in both Tx and computer before Start Up, and Tx is OFF

Then start up and open your programme

We just followed the manual

Dennis,

I have again attempted to install grStudio from scratch. I have loaded both drivers and both indicated successful installation and ready to use. When I try to run the following in grStudio I get error an message saying USB not working. The USB ports do actually work but not for grStudio.

Upgrade->Transmitter->Firmware Upgrade->Product Info Read

I have looked into Device Manager on my machine (Win7) and there is no driver like STMicroelectronics or Silicon Labs.

Is the cable supplied with the Tx/Rx combi supposed to work as an update cable?

I can only assume the device driver is missing, but why?

Nik

Nik

I cannot see that you missed anything, but Graupner invited this customer to ring them, after quoting these leads

As you read it, you see there is an interface, a dongle as such

Read through

For a update of the mz-12 you need the following cables.

USB Interface cableHoTT/GM-Genius (No. 7168.6)
Adapter Cable for USB Interface HoTT / GM-Genius 7168.8 (No. 7168.S)
Adaptor cable 6466 for 7168.6 (No. 6466.S)

With this cables you can update your radio control and your receiver.
For further questions feel free to get in touch with our service via mail ([email protected])

Kind regards

Graupner

• 2 weeks later...

Dennis,

Success at last! I have to admit it was all my own fault. When switching on the Tx I spent too long switching off the RF that I missed setting the Tx to PC Coms setting. I know - I can't believe it either. I did buy the said cables but not worked out how to use them for the Rx updating etc yet. It does look complicated and I've only found german language youtubes.

One of the reasons I got confused is that the Graupner engineers were mentioning inspecting the Device Manager. This did not show in my list any drivers that they had in their list and also the Ports(COM & LTP) driver is not in my list. I never thought I needed it as the laptop does not have a serial or parallel port. Now all is working my list in Device Manager has not been modified at all. When I got the Tx set correctly the software then started to look for the driver in a typical USB fashion, found it eventually then started working, but the Device Manager list did not change.

So result. Tx now has latest S/W. The last bit I got to work was the voice messages. Again they make it confusing. It appears that there are no voice messages to use until you repeatedly press the voice select many times. Presumably the voice files are in a list where the first ones in the list are blank. Not the best way to write the S/W, or at least it should be mentioned in the instructions.

I bought this set as it was 12 channels, but it does not to have as many switches, or type of as in 2 and 3 position, as I would like. It would seem the extra channels are for driving extra servos at the Rx end, as in dual servos per control surface.

Now I'm off to try and work out how to work the gyro in the Falcon12 Rx!

Thanks for the help, Cheers.