Aircombat Eurocup in Caen/Normandy on 8th June 2019

Like the years before there will be an aircombat contest in Normandy. Not far away from Britain, maybe also interesting for British modelers living in France. This years special is the 75th anniversary of D-Day on 6th June. For me from Germany with a long travel distance it’s perfect to combine both events. A unique event will be on the 5th, the flight of three dozen DC-3/C-47 from Duxford over the Channel to Caen to drop around 250 paratroopers, the flight will be joined by some fighter planes.

**LINK**

And here’s the invitation from Pascal from Caen model club:

Hello,
You will be welcome on 08,09th of june for the eurocup contest in Caen Normandy.
This year is special year in Normandy as it is the 75th dday celebrations.
**LINK**
I will organize a dinner in the club house on saturday night.
**LINK**
Please note that due to a new french regulation about drones, all modelers -including foreign country modelers- need to take a course online (sorry ) and put an id number on his model (once the model is registered and for weight model above 800g ONLY).
**LINK**
For any question, feel free to contact me : [email protected]">[email protected]
So I look forward to see you under "le soleil normand" !

Please let me know if you intend to come (and which category)

Advert

Thanks, the new regulations are something I still have to get used to. Interesting case for Germany but now you have to do it again for France... More paperwork seems to be a modern thing.

But anyway, cidre and calvados are two famous products from this region (which is called Calvados). The same as for Somerset, another good place for apples. Nice thing to compare both tastes with some friends  

Timo

Edited By Timo Starkloff on 19/04/2019 12:14:02

Edited By Timo Starkloff on 19/04/2019 12:17:07

Thanks, it seems I have to try again. I remember to have seen just the French version.

Another interesting link concerning the American half of Douglas planes for the Channel flight. The will travel the same route from America to England as during WWII, with stops in Greenland and Iceland. A card and explanation can be found here:

**LINK**

Timo

• 1 month later...

There’s a nice article at the Smithsonian Air&Space Magazine about the planned DC3/C47 flight across The Channel:

**LINK**

Another one with actual information about the gathering of the American planes can be found here. They started their journey across the Atlantic and made a visit to New York before.

**LINK**

Last preparations for my contest models will be this week. June is coming near

Timo

• 2 months later...