Hobbyking customer service - Positive

I thought after all the negative stuff that I have read about Hobbyking customer service I would share a positive story.

Last week I was setting up my Durafly Vampire PNP, the battery had been plugged in for around 5 mins whilst I was setting up the control surfaces, without even getting as far as running up the fan there was a crack and a puff of smoke coming from the ESC, I quickly disconnected it & upon further inspection it was as dead as a dodo. I had a spare ESC from another project and used this to get the model in the air.

I thought for a few days about complaining to Hobbyking but thought it would be a waste of time, then after a few days I thought what have I got to lose.

I filled out the form on the website explaining what had happened, submitted a photo of the dead ESC and requested that they send me a replacement.

Today I got a knock on the door ( 3 days later) and upon opening the box I found a replacement ESC, perhaps they didn't have the original in stock as the one they have sent me is the upgraded AeroStar WiFi model. They haven't even requested that I send the original ESC back to them.

So for once a positive message about Hobbyking......... Nice one yesold esc.jpg

aerostar.jpg

Edited By chris larkins on 25/04/2019 19:26:59

Edited By chris larkins on 25/04/2019 19:27:19

Advert

HobbyKing's stuff is fine, and they will sort problems ( if you strictly jump through the hoops). But, to wallow through the website, you lose the will to live.

One particularly useless innovation. I am an English first language speaker in France. My account used to be, do it in English, in Euros, in France.

They changed the site, again, and it defaults my log on to French. I am in France, therefore ............

I am told their boss says it's going to get better. Well 3 years ago it was clunky but OK. Then it got REALY bad. And then it got a bit better, and then it slid away again. So the boss better put his toys away, and listen to his customers.

Pity. Their stuff is OK, as is their customer service.