Enya 45 cuts on half throtte

Ian Price 2

I have a new Enya 45. I have run it in according to the manual.

It runs OK on full throttle but cuts dead on half throttle after about 5 minutes, both in the air and on the ground.

It seems to get incredibly hot, I think it may be over heating on half throttle, due to the reduced air flow over the cylinder.

Is this possible, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Advert

Hello Ian, and welcome.

It does sound like the motor is over heating which will be due to it running too lean.  Have you done a nose up check at full throttle?  This will tell you if it is too lean or not....if it is too lean, the motor will start to die with the nose up.  If it does, open the needle a couple of turns and try again, and continue doing this until you can put the nose up at full throttle without the motor dieing.

All the best,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Yes I have tested it nose up and its fine. I have peeked it out and then opened the needle about a quarter turn, so it should be about right.

It only happens on half throttle. 

Do you think it might still be a bit tight. I have heard that Enya ring engines can take a long time to free up.

Thanks,

Ian

I guess its possible, I don't have any Enya's so i can't comment on that one.  If it is fairly new it may be worth running it on the rich side for a little while longer and see if that helps.  If after running at half throttle for a while, and before it stops, what does it do when you throttle up from half to full throttle?  Does it stop or splutter?