Li-Po help

Chris C

hi

right i have a ep innovator trainer from seagull and i have the right servos motor ect but i have no clue about the batteries i assume i will have to use lipos but i know nothing about them and i have heard about cell balancers lipo burn out ect and when i read the threads on the subject i have know idea what anyone is talking about please can you guys help the instrution suggest a 2100mah.

p.s please right simply i don't understand the techinical jargon

Advert

Hi Chris

Ive got one two. had similar problem, but more with selecting the right motor / esc / battery

see my gws t6 post, timbo gave me some plain tech info.

im using a gws 3024/8toutrunner brushless motor , 11"x5.5 prop , 60amp esc & 1800mah S3 lipo cells, these cells are 20c.

yes these cells are not good for trainning, very short flight time around 3.5-4min, have tried 2100mah S3 cells get around 6/7mins which is ok for me, still being a newbie. hope this is some help.

Chris, I suggest that as your technical knowledge is, shall we say....limited - that you simply and completely stick with the manufacturers recommendations. Heres my 3 "rules" to you

1) The guide of using a 2100 mahr battery is about right - you could use a higher capacity if you like ( say 2500 for instance ) but STICK with the same voltage ( 11.1V sometimes called 3s )

2) Dont change anything else at all especially the propellor. 

3) The only other crucial thing is, as David says, charging them. You MUST get a good charger/balancer unit, designed for charging LiPo batteries - and then read and follow the instructions with it.

There...I kept it as simple as possible.