Which ESC and battery for a small brushless?

Hi,

I have a small Bell type brushless, a TowerPro 2408-21 and an unmarked one of similar size which somebody referred to as a Blue Wonder. I want to fit either one to the power pod I have made for a tractor installation on top of a Range foam glider I am converting to R/C.

Could you knowledgeable types tell me what rating of ESC I need and what would be a good battery spec for this lightweight, training model?

Thanks,

Martin

Advert

Ah, well, it's the one that on many youtubes is called a Walmart foam glider, only here it's from the Range (unfortunately!). Mine was broken and I've repaired it as The Range didn't want to know and there's nowt I can't fix!

It's a 4 foot wingspan and very light. Flies as a big chuck glider superbly. It weighs in so far at 198 grams, including my Orange Rx, bur without servos, power pod with motor, ESC and battery. The power pod is designed to fit above the C o G.

Martin

My choice would be either this or this .

If your pod is easily removeable & want to use it on occasion as a pure glider - you could leave the original Rx, battery & servo installation in place then fit a second rx with esc in the pod as an independent unit. Obviously both Rx's would have to be bound to the Tx & the esc plugged into the motor channel of the pod's Rx.