Cable plug compatibility

I'm very new to modelling! looking for some really basic advice. I'm trying to connect a Overlander XP2 ESC, a Spectrum AR6600T receiver and a Multiplex Multigyro G3 (and on to servos).

Problem: The plugs 'sockets' on the Spectrum receiver are very marginally narrower than those on the Multiplex MultiGyro (and on the servos). Also cable plug from the ESC too large for the Spectrum Receiver sockets. The difference is very marginal - about 0.5mm.

Is there an adaptor to be used in this situation?

Advert

I'm a bit surprised that those bits don't go together. Is your problem the pin spacings are different, or the plastic surrounds are marginally oversize. When you quote about 0.5 mm, is that an estimate on a ruler, or measured on a micrometer.

I say, because occasionally, putting together different makers stuff, while the world says a JR plug is "universal", a bit of careful sanding is sometimes necessary.

Edited By Don Fry on 27/06/2019 16:57:54

When I went over to Spektrum, from Futaba, I seem to recall, all the Futaba sevoes needed "thinning" a bit to get them into a Spektrum receiver. You could get a few in, but eventually the mismatch across six or eight servos caused a problem.

Spektrum RXs are very often (no idea why, you would think they’d have sorted it out by now) too wide for the sockets. Whenever this has caused a problem for me I have thinned the plugs with a few sweeps on my permagrit block.

Do it on the solid side, you don’t want to risk weakening the tiny plastic tabs that actually hold the pins in place.