Might get JEN 57 (Should I?)

Former Member

Advert

They seem to get very mixed reviews on the forums.

I bought a Jen 56 off ebay (it was VERY cheap) but couldn't get it to run well.  Just Engines sorted it out with new O rings etc. in less than a week for an extremely reasonable price.  After some fiddling with the various bits n bobs, it now runs very well.  Starts easily, quiet, lots of power, picks up instantly from even prolonged periods of idling.  I have mine in a SIG Ultimate Fun Fly and it has pretty much unlimited vertical performance.

But, as I say, that's just a sample of one.

GG 

Buy a Lada car you get a Lada car. I won`t touch a J`en again. Some time ago I got two original .56  not good, Just Engines fitted thicker "o" rings on main needle as fuel / air leaked past the barrel, they were still not good, then offered to SELL me newer style carbs . I did not buy `em. They still will not run well.

I do know some guys using the newer .57 and they think they are ok`ish.

Buy a Lada car you get a Lada car. I won`t touch a J`en again. Some time ago I got two original .56  not good, Just Engines fitted thicker "o" rings on main needle as fuel / air leaked past the needle in the barrel, they were still not good, then offered to SELL me newer style carbs . I did not buy `em. They still will not run well.

I do know some guys using the newer .57 and they think they are ok`ish.

I bought a JEN 57. Getting it to run well wasn't easy but it ran well for a bit. I then started having probs and try as i might, couldn't get it to run reliably.

There's only ~£10-15 between that and the 55AX. My 55 AX has been a good engine to date. Either that or try one of the alternative 2 strokes they sell

I followed the instructions to the letter and got some very good help from the JEN team. Their customer support was very good so I would order from them again, I just wouldn't buy another JEN 57.

hth //cs