Well as a rookie getting into the hobby i thought i would jump in at the deep end and give this group build a go. I used to build free flight as a child but drifted away as a teenager but always followed the hobby from a distance ive recantly found myself buying kits and building again.

What with the Sabre being a personal favourite aircraft of mine and hopefully lots of people whos brains i can pick and watch the other build threads for help / ideas.

Ive already put my name down for a plan and woodpack, im really hoping that a canopy is produced as well. I got slightly distracted by looking at colour schemes, i did consider a sky blazers scheme but then i decided against it and ive narrowed it down to these two

Canada's Golden Hawks:

Or the Iranian Air Forces Golden Crown aerobatic Team

Advert

Hi Oliver,

The good news is that a canopy is being produced thanks to the efforts of Stephen Davis, of Vortex, and our very own Phil Cooke. It is looks as if it will to be the one used on the prototype model, but without the P51D framing. This will allow the builder to add, or paint, a frame on to it.

You have a nice choice of colour schemes there. Did you know that "Flyer" has already chosen the Golden Hawks scheme? He even has the paint ready to spray on it.

Martin.