Rx AR8010T

Geoff Daunt

I have just purchased the above 8 channel Rx. There are however 11 ports.

On row one the first port is Bind. However why is this there when the binding is undertaken by the bind button on top of the Rx. I have just used the button and bound it to my JR Tx, so no necessity to use this port. Can it be used for something else??

The second Port is marked SRXL but the instruction manual says nothing about this. What is this for ??!

Any explanation appreciated.

Advert

Posted by Geoff Daunt on 29/08/2019 18:30:13:

I have just purchased the above 8 channel Rx. There are however 11 ports.

On row one the first port is Bind. However why is this there when the binding is undertaken by the bind button on top of the Rx. I have just used the button and bound it to my JR Tx, so no necessity to use this port. Can it be used for something else??

<snip>

Any explanation appreciated.

Hi Geoff

If you were to mount the Rx in a location where the button was difficult to access, you can probably plug a servo extension lead into the bind port, and use a normal bind plug plugged into the extension lead's socket.

What makes me suggest this is that I use the older AR9020 rx's which don't have inbuilt telemetry, and require a TM1000 telemetry module plugged into the bind/data port. The TM1000 is bulky and has a bind button buried in a hole in the case so that it has to be operated with a stylus, and my modules are installed with the bind button inaccessible. In my case I link my TM1000's to my Rx's with a y-lead, and bind using the more conveniently located spare y-lead socket instead of the stupidly inaccessible button. In fact this arrangement is useful as it means the TM1000 can be located anywhere it will fit with no worries about binding or re-binding if swapping to another Tx.

Gordon

Posted by Steve J on 29/08/2019 18:37:18:

SRXL is a serial output for flight controllers. It is similar to, but not compatible with, Multiplex SRXL.

Why they put an eight channel receiver in such a big case is beyond me.

Steve

PS It you plan to use your 8010T with analog servos, you may need to update the firmware.

Edited By Steve J on 29/08/2019 18:56:47

I ran into this problem a couple of years ago. The RX that I was sold was only suitable for digital servos and was unusable with standard analogues. I didn't see why I should accept a product that was unfit for purpose, and not wishing to spend even more on a special data lead and enter the world of firmware updating, that from the experience of others on this very forum, can go horribly wrong. Had enough of all that when I was working. I could have made the hundred mile round trip back to the shop, but couldn't be bothered.

I emailed Spektrum and they quickly took the old RX back and sent me an updated one within a week. The replacement came in slightly different packaging, dated 2016, as opposed to the original that was dated 2014.

I did wonder whether the big model trade retailer (no names, no packdrill ) knew about it when he offered me the original item at a very discounted price. Caveat emptor.Just my suspicious mind, as Elvis once said😃