Old time Scorpion plans

Advert

Hi Matt

Your picture does show a Bunch Scorpion. In fact it is the model that was built by Dave Kirby who I mentioned above. I did ask him where he got the plan from - he remembered that it was from the USA but couldn't remember where.

The only thing I could find was the scaled up Bunch Scorpion Major that I posted the link to. Apparently the model is capable of a few amusing stunts such as a curving take off on one float. Not bad for a model which is only rudder/elevator.

If you do get the plan, bear in mind that the model was originally free flight and as such has a lot of positive wing incidence that you should reduce by packing up the trailing edge of the wing. This will stop the model from climbing madly under power. Also you will have to add a rudder and elevator but it's all straightforward stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bill

Our plan is not the one  Matt is after,he is after the Bunch Scorpion, the float version,ours is the old KK Super Scorpion with the tapered eliptical wings.

The weather in Spain must be bad if you have time to peruse the forum,hope you had a good xmas,all the best for new year.

Jimbo