Good evening from Lincolnshire

Richard Elvin 1

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, my name is Richard Elvin and I am just ? getting back into aeromodelling again after an absence of 61 years, yes guys, I am that old!! crook Having spent 26 years in the RAF and then another 7 years working for the RAF in a civilian capacity I know a bit? about flying and back in my youth my self and my twin brother designed and flew many control line aircraft in FAI Team Race, Rat Race,stunt, and combat becoming Scottish FAI Team Race Champions, but I have never flown a R/C aircraft until now.

To cut a very long story short, approx 6 months ago friend of mine came walking into my garage with a WOT4 Foam E under his arm, 2 TXs and a buddy lead and said those magic words "we are going flying " since that time I have joined my nearest flying club, East Kirkby and have had some amazing fun.I will now get to the heart of my plea for advice, whilst looking through some old RCME mags in the club house I came upon the plans of a model I would very much like to build as a Winter project. The aircraft in question had a Tower Pro 2409-18 motor fitted which I have since found is no longer in production and the plan states that the aircraft is suitable for 150 Watt power systems, can one of you experts in the electric power field come up with a suitable equivalent motor.

thank's a lot and sorry to have bimbled on for so long, Richard

Advert