Acro wot engine size.

Advert

Fitted the 15cc Evo into my Acro last year after my Satio 82 kept dead sticking on me, which is another story that turned out to be a Spectrum receiver going into fail safe. I had the Evo 20cc in a Hanger 9 ME109 and was really impressed with this engine, easy to operate and was very quiet. I thought I would give the 15cc a go in the Acrowot.

I had to make a battery box behind the wing in the bottom of the fuselage to get the CofG correct.

The engine is a great match for the model, the model seems heavy, but I have not weighed mine but it fly’s superbly BUT very noisy on the standard silencer. When I go flying there are 2 models that are always in then car. A knackered old rag eared wot 4 and the Acrowot.

This year I fitted an old 2 stroke tuned pipe that I used to have fitted to an old 60 glow engine and what a transformation. Power is up unlimited verticals, but I try and fly smoothly no 3d stuff and noise is down and the prop clears the ground ok.

I would recommend giving it a go, I’m sure I have some pictures so will try and down load at the weekend if I get a chance.

Pete

PS. Do not believe what they say about petrol being cleaner it is covered in a black gunk after each flight, but I am still on a running in mix.