FMS Kingfisher and Spektrum Help?

Scotty McBride

Hi folks, New to the Forums so go easy.

I'm just getting back into the hobby and have bought a FMS Kingfisher ARTF. All I seem to require is a TX and RX. I have the correct 3S batteries but with deans CX's which I have an Outlander adaptor for so no issues there hopefully.

I have an unused Spectrum DX6 i from 2012 but no RX and was wondering if anyone could recommend a suitable Receiver that would work. I think all servos and ESC etc will fit a Spectrum RX unless someone can recommend paying a little more and buying a Radiolink one?

Whats best to do? Buy new or find a suitable receiver. I also have an old stock Wot 4 that I will build so same questions as above really. New set up or buy some Spectrum Receivers? They seem to have shot up a bit in price.

Many thanks.

Scotty

Advert

John, thanks,

Yes it is indeed but snapped as I motorcycled past last year. I wish I was in Argyll but I'm up in Aberdeenshire near Longside. I'll make contact with the local Buchan Aeromodellers soon and get back into things.

All makes sense yes. I'm a bit wary of Spektrum and think their RX's quite expensive although the DX6i I own has DSMX on the cover of the manual.

Another solution I have is to continue to use the cheap but excellent Ikonnic KA-6 I have that was supplied with an ARES model I bought a couple of years ago. I notice Wheelspin models are selling off the last of their Hitec red 6 ch Rx's for under a tenner so will have some of them. That will get me flying cheaply right now and when funds allow I'll buy a Hitter TX.

Many thanks for your reply.