recommendation for a 20 amp sbec

Hi all,

I am looking at 20 amp sbecs and wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

I have used a Castle Creations 10 amp that has been excellent but their 20 amp version is getting pretty expensive. At the other end of the market there is the Yep 20 amp. Has anyone had any experience of this?

George

Advert

Is this for the 1/4 scale DB Pup, George? You're expecting your servos to be drawing a lot of current, though it's better to have more capabilty than theoretically needed.

I just wonder how you're feeding the current to the servos (I've never been in that position). I'm not sure the servo feeds on a standard receiver would be capable of passing such potentially high currents.

Geoff

Not the Pup, Geoff. It is yet another project I have put together in between jobs on the Pup (nearly finished now).

The 20 amp is a spike rating and the continuous rating will be lower than that (as I have discovered when reading the manuals online). I don't mind the extra weight or bulk and it could be useful for future projects.

The YEP 20 amp is a very tempting price but It would be great to get some feedback from anyone on here who has experience of this.