Back to model flying after a long break

Ashley Hunt

I’ve recently dug my ancient Mick Reeves Spitfire out of the loft and refurbished it. I seem to remember that on the ground it pulled to one side on take off but I can’t remember whether it was left or right. I remedied it by mixing in some rudder with the throttle which I could switch in just for take off. Prop rotation is anti clockwise. Can anyone help wit direction of pull ?

Advert

Ashley, if you have been away for a long break I would recommend that you do some flying with a less tricky aircraft to get back into the swing of flying before flying your Spitfire. It is easy to be behind the aircraft if you are rusty and, as you will know, it doesn't take long for something like a Spit to get away from you when close to the ground. Apologies, if you have already followed this route!

Peter, that’s sound and sensible advice, thanks. I have in fact bought a Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S+ which is proving to be brilliant for the purpose. I would highly recommend it to anyone else in the same position. You can switch out the aids as you regain confidence and in the experienced mode it will keep most radio controllers on their toes ! Thanks again for the thought though.