Blade CX2 flying on the limit

Simon Robinson

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/30719/Crash_from_80_feet_high_(2).JPG

Woke up this morning and the sun was shining and there was no wind at all. So I thought perfect! time to get the Blade out for a good flight in the field next to the house. I was flying perfect on the first two batteries until I was flying on the last when about 80 foot in the air and nose in flying when the upper and lower blades clashed. I heard them hit each other and then my Blade fell nose first, building speed as it hit the ground hard!. As you can see from the picture above, it looks kn******d! But don't be fooled! All what happened is that the receiver and four in one pot come un-stuck of the mount. Two broken blades (which I replaced), a slightly bent fly bar (which I corrected) and yes a total smashed canopy which I will order one later of ebay. It only took 20 mins to repair and I have just test flown it and it's like it never crashed! It still flies the same. What a tough little chopper and my lesson learnt to not fly so high and fast!

Advert

hi simon sorry about your crash but it shows what a tough little heli we have, i took my heavily modded one out yesterday broke 5 blades it had a mind of its own so a strip down today nothing obvious it flies o.k. for a few minutes the for no reason goes backwards out of control. at least the standard ones o.k. flown about 12 batts over the weekend. nice to have some calm weather for a change. Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Twister Medevac, with :-

Extended Shaft

Brass flybar weights removed

Servo Horns to most sensitive setting

Flown by me, my 18 yr old helper and an assortment of 12/13 year olds in my school club. Lots of hours, NO issues, not even a clipped blade.

Sorry, don't understand the stated issues with extended shafts, at least as far as the Medevac is concerned, surely the Blade is no different??

I have never tried to take off both brass fly bar weights.I would think it wouldn't move very well with them off unless you just wanted to go up and down. I will have to try it and see how it works.Kevin have you tried to counter balance your chopper with the extended shaft to keep the tail from dipping?

Jason Hopson wrote (see)

I have never tried to take off both brass fly bar weights.I would think it wouldn't move very well with them off unless you just wanted to go up and down.

Quite the reverse, as the heavier the flyweights the less willing and slower it will be to react. Remove both brass flyweights and replace the rubber ends........for a "SPORTS" handling Contra!