SWEET & SMART Acronyms meaning??

Christopher Morris 2

Advert

Andy said " Model selected is correct - Automatic these days with binding" ---that's not correct with all TX ! With Spektrum perhaps but not Futaba etc. There is no Model Match with my Futaba 2.4 so it's possible to use the wrong memory.

Edited By kc on 23/01/2020 10:18:13

Switch on, yep, still relevant.

Model selected, I have to pick the right model before going any further on my TX(s). Meter, my meter is digital, so what, I check it.

Aerials, one of mine has an external aerial, could be damaged etc etc. No aerial? Lucky you.

Rates, I use rate switches for several models. Flight modes, use them? Pretty much an equivalent. Arming switch? another modern equivalent. They're all switches. Want to add those to the list, fine. "rates and switches" works for me. How detailed do you want?

Trims, funnily enough, a visual check to make sure no trims are applied. If I had to dial in a load of trim last flight, and I forgot, because I was busy flying, then something might be amiss with the model. As I always try to adjust linkages back to zero trim then the trims should always be zero (at most a couple of ticks one way or other, see e.g. snakes and temperature).

Edited By Nigel R on 23/01/2020 10:32:41

Edited By Nigel R on 23/01/2020 10:34:08

Hi Peter, no problems with the BMFA joining, this was all fine & very quick/simple. It was the lack of communication with the club i joined. I think they are a little behind the times. They don't have a website of their own & use a subdomain on the BMFA website. Originally, they sent me a form & said fill it out & send back with a postal order or cheque. Now i have been with my bank for about 10 years & have never had or needed a cheque book, & the bank before that, also about 10 years & wrote one check to purchase my house as they wouldn't let me do a bank transfer for the house amount. So i phoned my bank & asked for a cheque book & the young lady said that she had been working at the bank for three years & it was surprised as it was the first time she had been asked for a cheque book.
But since this thread was started, one of the members at the club sent me the clubs rules via PDF.
It might be the club has a older generation of members & used to doing things the old way. Me saying this at 63 lol.

Posted by kc on 23/01/2020 10:17:48:

Andy said " Model selected is correct - Automatic these days with binding" ---that's not correct with all TX ! With Spektrum perhaps but not Futaba etc. There is no Model Match with my Futaba 2.4 so it's possible to use the wrong memory.

Edited By kc on 23/01/2020 10:18:13

Oh gosh! Futaba are behind the times! Spektrum has it, FrSky has it, why not Futaba?