Hop Farm 2008

Advert

Thanks chaps. We both worked really hard to bring you all the pics.

I agree David, they did seem a bit divided.

When looking from the flightline into the crowd it did seem quieter but as soon as you got round to the trade village you realised just how many people had turned out for it.

Lucky the weather was with us too.

It has to be the crowning glory of shows this year, and I have attended a few. OK, the weather did make it but the organisation was just terrific and the guys that did that did it for no financial reward for themselves, just for the pride of making the best show of the year.

And I can vouch that on Sunday early afternoon, the crowd on the flightline were as thick as flies on a cow pat!!! I would think that anyone wishing to fly there next year will have to book in by about the end of March, so popular has it become.

Happy pilots, happy punters and a great weekend, thanks CAMFC.

Paul M

• 2 weeks later...

another fine weekend this year, the hopfarm is the favourite show with our bunch for so many reasons, and well done to the croydon boys and girls for such good organisation, flight line was sooo much better this year with the trade in the next field as last year got very crowded!

we'll see you next year 

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

My brother Keith and myself flew to England on the Friday prior to the show, rented a car and checked in to a hotel. On the Saturday morning we drove to the Hop Farm (how did I manage before GPS) and were welcomed by most of the organisers, also being introduced to a lot of the 'big' names.

The show itself, both on Saturday and Sunday can only be described as "brilliant" and no stone was left unturned to deliver 100/100.

I have read comments regarding the re positioning of the traders / commercial side of the show, and as I have not attended The Hop Farm before, I cannot comment as to whether it was any better or worse this year. What I can certainly say is that there was lots of space, with no crowding and the resulting freedom, which surely must have been of benefit to both the buying public and the traders. We appreciate space and the freedom it produces, especially considering we come from an island only 17 miles long.

On the Monday after the show we played tourist, did some shopping (how dare we go home otherwise) and flew home early on Tuesday.

All in all a fantastic weekend made possible by all the hard working guys and gals, to whom, again,                                                                   THANK YOU

Jeff Poulton

Malta