JR DSX9

Geoff Daunt

I have the new DSX9 2.4 and am having problems with set up. I have just finished building the 1/4 scale SIG JR Piper cub (a great model) and am trying to get the 2 aileron channels to work. I have all the gear in the plane and elev, rudder and throt. are all working fine.

I have set up for Flaperon in the menu and followed the instructions for Inh of the slave chanels.I am seeking to use Flap/Aux1 as the slave ch. for Ail. I cannot get any drop down menu to assign the slave ch. The right Ail. works but strangely l get full movement in one direction but only about half in the opp dir.?  I have not assigned any differential and all settings in the Tx are as standard. Thinking l may have a faulty servo (although new) l plugged the R.Ail servo into rudder Rx channel. This then recentered the neutral(90 degree position) about 30 degrees forward, but the throw in either direction was equal..Why should that happen.??

I have been through the manual on 2 wing channel set up half a doz. times but still cannot get the left ail. to work and also still have the prob. of full movement in one dir. on the R. Ail but only half movement on the opp. dir..

If anyone out there has any answers and can tell me where l might be going wrong l would be very gratefull.I am sure it must be me but the manual could be more clear in certain respects.

Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

Yes, confusing ain't it? I have one of these radios as well and am using the same set-up in one of my models.

If you look at page 42 in the manual it states that you have to inhibit the flap travel and the switch. What it doesn't tell you is you need to make sure that the servo travel setting for AUX 1 (left aileron) is the same as the Aileron channel (right aileron). Using the Dual Channel menu won't work as it will only drive the servos in the same direction. I use this function to operate the twin servos on the elevators of my CAP 232.

Hope this helps,

Doug.