Do you know what this BiPlane is!

aero 4.jpgaero 3.jpgaero 2.jpgA friend bought this biplane @ a swapmeet and gave it to me. Looks to have been a plan build with 46" wing span. The top and bottom have been permanently glued together so to remove the wings the undercarriage has to be removed! There was no carbane struts with it and no marks on top wing to fit one. However there are 2 bolts on each sides of the fuselage which I presume something is joined to???

If you know what the model is I would be happy to know or which plan it is built from as I can't find it.

All help appreciatedaero 4.jpg

Advert

Top wing doesn't seem stable enough with only end struts. There is also the bolts either side of the fuselage which would seem to be in the correct place, can't see any other reason for them. A lot of pencil marks for a commercial kit. Appreciate the help, hopefully someone can come up with the.answer 😁

It was a commercial kit made in Ulster in the early 1990's. I think the manufacturer was called Ulster Model Products, but I'm relying on memory there. It was marketed as the AeroBi46. Note that back then it was common for cottage industry kit manufacturers to hand mark and hand cut kits so no surprise to see pencil markings.

Alan, the that would make more sense. I'm a member (secretary) of Ulster Model Aircraft Club and it was bought at our swap meet. I'm not.completely certain but it may have been among some stuff from a late.member. I would.have love a picture or even better a plan but sound like I'll

have difficulty getting that. Thanks for your reply

I remember there was a kit review in RCM&E. I'm sure the review model was covered in the same scheme as your and in fact I think the company used to have a model decorated in the same scheme in their ads. I really can't remember if it was supposed to have cabane struts or not. I vaguely think it didn't have any and that was a unique design point.

Further to my message,the cabin struts were made from 3/16 piano wire and they were sort of "U" shape, but square U shape with 90 degree corners, and they were fixed to the underside of the top wing using undercarriage clamps. The pieces of brass tube were soldered or silver soldered to the ends of the arms of the u shape. Hope this makes sense. However I can send you some pictures of the items showing how they look and the rest you can see from the build notes. Regards...Tony.