1/3 Kitfox upgrade

4 years ago my son and I built a Kitfox as test to see how a newly released semi kit went together. It was quite a challenging build as it was expensive and the instructions and plans were not detailed so a lot of head scratching was needed. Not a good thing as I have very little hair!

The build progressed but the cowl was only received once the airframe was covered and the shape and fit was poor. This really spoilt the plane and resulting in us finishing the project so that we could go on to other projects. The aircraft flew very well but we always said we need to make a new cowl and spats for the airframe.

Along comes the lockdown and Byron collects the airframe and makes a start on a polystyrene plug for the cowl and spats. Once this was done he dropped the plugs off on a shopping trip for me to glass. I did this and returned them to Byron whilst going to work.

Byron then used large amounts of filler, sand paper, primer and paint to get the cowl and spats to a good finish. The polystyrene was then removed and the finished products have made a huge difference to the aircraft. Byron then resprayed the whole airframe and added the details that we did not do first time.

before:

kf3.jpg

kf5.jpgkf4.jpg

Advert