T6K TX

Skippers Walker

Good afternoon Fliers

I'm and older R/C flier having recently converted to 2.4mhz from Fleet 35mhz.

I now have a Futaba T6K and I'm a bit muddled about assigning a new model to the TX details. Despite reading and rereading the manual I'm not clear if you have to link a RX before then setting model details or.......?

Are there any experienced Futaba users that can give a simplified setting up procedure for idiots please?

Stay Heallthy

SW

Advert

Hi Skippers.

First of all your difficulties are not from converting from 35Mhz to 2.4Ghz, but from switching from a vintage radio system without any kind of model memories to a modern one with a complete one plus moderate ample programming capabilities.

It is out of reach for me to give you a step by step description but I may well pass some basic information that sure will help you a lot understanding the manual and your new radio.

1.- Futaba radios have a model memory system based on a series of preprogrammed models (numbered Model 1, Model 2, Model 3,....) with factory default values.

2.- When you first switch on the radio it is selected Model 1 and this should be already paired (linked) with the included receiver.

3.- You may change the model name from Model 1 to other one you may prefer for a better and easier association with the model you are going to use.

4.- If you wish (although I do no foresee any need if you have only one model) you may select on the model select menu any other model from Model 2 to the last one of the memory list.

5.- Al models on the model memory have the same factory default programming values and modulation selection. For your T6K all models should be in T-FHSS modulation BUT I am unable to confirm they, aside Model 1, will be already linked to the receiver but is easy to confirm checking the servo response AS WELL as confirming that the transmitter, at least, receives the receiver battery voltage. If you do not get both, link is wrong and you MUST follow linking instructions and proceed linking both again!

My general procedure for a new model is as follow:

A) Select the model you wish (Model 3 if you already are using Model 1 and Model 2) and change name to that of the model (P.Cub, for example for a Piper Cub)

B) Go to the System menu and select that of the receiver you are going to use (T-FHSS or S-FHSS) and proceed to link Transmitter to receiver (note that procedures are different for each system!) and check you have control (and telemetry for T-FHSS).

C) Now go to the Reverse menu and make every control moves on the correct direction: right aileron stick produces right aileron movement, up elevator stick produces up elevator movement and so on.

D) Then go to End Point menu and be sure no servo nor control surface becomes forced at full stick movement.

E) Finally for a elemental basic setting use the D/R or ATV function (not completely sure how it is called in the T6K) for getting the control throws suggested on the model instructions manual or from your own experience and even program a switchable larger o shorter throw if you do not totally agree with those from the manual.

There are a lot more of functions that greatly help on making a finer adjustment of your plane or getting more control options so you may fine tune the model flight Characteristics (subtrim exponential, differential, flapperons,....) but following the basic guide above you may start programming and flying your model and then continue learning those sophistications and even all related to telemetry sensors and related data and alarms.

Ah!, and do not worry about all the work you may do on any given model as, when you select a new one, all your programming and the model trims are saved to the radio memory and ready for when in the future you decide flying it again and select it back from the model memory list!

Keep safe and Best Regards.

That's odd, I am sure I responded to this yesterday as did one other not shown. I have just looked at 'my posts' and my response is there !

It would appear that the title has changed ?:

Thread: New User Query
18/04/2020 15:09:31

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 19/04/2020 09:49:36

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 19/04/2020 09:52:48

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 19/04/2020 09:54:14

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 19/04/2020 09:56:21

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 19/04/2020 09:58:20

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 19/04/2020 09:59:23

Thanks to all those helpful folk who responded to my query about Futaba T6K programming. I'm pleased to say that collectively you all skewed my tired old brain in the right direction. There's no fool like an old fool!

Success today in achieving some programming progress at last, the 21st Century beckons.

Best wishes, let's hope that we can all fly again safely very soon?

Chris (SW)