Part 2 Guillows FF Rubber Build

Cliff 1959

Advert

Very Nice Cliff,

Like you I am erring towards more indoor stuff, having resurrected a few old models, inc Helis.

I am looking at investing in a micro Aces Jobby too. I fancy the Fokker triplane, but will start with their trainer.

I just got a 3 blade scalish GWS 5 X 3 prop for my K.K. spitfire. I have converted it to R.C. using an old 35 mhz Falcon breeze blk.

Looking forward to part 3.

D.D.

Posted by Dwain Dibley. on 12/05/2020 11:45:51:

Very Nice Cliff,

Like you I am erring towards more indoor stuff, having resurrected a few old models, inc Helis.

I am looking at investing in a micro Aces Jobby too. I fancy the Fokker triplane, but will start with their trainer.

I just got a 3 blade scalish GWS 5 X 3 prop for my K.K. spitfire. I have converted it to R.C. using an old 35 mhz Falcon breeze blk.

Looking forward to part 3.

D.D.

Hi Dwain, the indoor push is either down to Winter or C19 really, the bigger toys should have been out by now of course!

The Microaces Fokker Triplane is possibly the hardest of the lot to fly, probably due to the wing loading, I would go for the DVII if it's a Fokker you're after, very solid little bird.

I've not heard of the Falcon blk (brick?).

Posted by paul d on 12/05/2020 14:41:52:

looking good Cliff! love the Gerald Coulson print on your wall, titled "Outbound Lancaster" I believe?

Think I would have used pva rather than cyno tbh.

Coulson was a very talented painter wasn't he?

I agree, cyrano has it's advantages until you crash I wanted to make a quick start! I've just put the tail feathers together using aliphatic.

Hi Cliff,

I would only be flying it indoors, do your comments apply to in or out, or both.

Going with the trainer first, A, to get the Gist of the building technique, and B, to suss out the Electronics on a simpler model.

Falcon made small indoor models with a 2 servo "BreezeBlock" Rx like the Micro Aces ones, but 35Mhz.

They did all sorts of models including a 4 channel, 2 aileron servo Extra, and a Puss moth.

I think they fell by the wayside circa 2007 ish. Shame really, that they didn't go with the 2.4 wave.

D.D.

Pic of the Rx.

img_20200504_182239.jpg

The Microaces' trainer, the Scrappee, is a lovely little plane and your plan is a good one Dwain.

My comments referred to both I suppose, although depending on the size of your venue, things can get a bit fraught 😁.

The Falcon kit was probably ahead of it's time.