Batteries during no use times...

Foxfan

Hi all,

I'm a little worried about my Eneloop, Lipo and LiFe batteries during this period of disuse. How do I discharge batteries and should they be recharged partially? In which case how do I do that? My charger can discharge and storage charge, but only for people who speak fluent Chenglish. I can't make head nor tail of it.

Thanks,

Martin

Advert

The general thinking, with LiPo batteries at least, is to store them partially charged, to around 3.85V per cell. Most chargers will do a storage charge and normally this is intelligent in that it will charge if the cell Voltage is below 3.85V, or discharge if the cell Voltage is above that. Not knowing what charger you have, it's impossible to give exact instructions of course! I think you need to persevere and get to grips with your particular charger's way of doing it.

Cheers,

Tim.

Posted by Foxfan on 25/05/2020 11:53:31:

My charger is an iMax B6, but the instructions are useless!

Martin

Plug in battery and balance lead

select the battery type (lipo, life etc)

cycle through the options with the arrow key ( Charge, Balance charge, Storage, Discharge).

Select Storage.

Press Enter.

Change the Amps you wish ti discharge at (it's flashing) use the arrow keys.

Press enter

Select the number of cells your battery is (2s, 3s etc). It's flashing. Use the arrow keys to select.

Long press the start button. Charger should beep and start discharging

Charger will discharge battery to storage voltage and bleep when done.

If you then click on the RIGHT arrow the individual cell voltages will be displayed. Pessing ENTER will take you back to the main screen.