Fusion Elysium LX60B Pro Charger

After much reading in this forum I realised that one has to have a good charger if you are going to play around with Lipos so I have splashed out and bought the Fusion Elysium LX60B Pro. Is this as good as it gets for the money? Certainly seems very comprehensive.

Having said that, I am finding the manual a bit lacking with no screen shots showing exactly what you see during what function.

For example, I am currently charging  one of my Tornado Professional 3300mAh 11.1v 22C batteries. I set the charger to Lipo, 3300ma 11.1v. It came up with a charge rate of 3.3A to begin with (this has reduced to 1.3A after almost an hour.

The top row of the display has from left to right CHG/BLC (charging and balance cable connected)alternating, a clock counting up and then on the right five(5) digits which also keep changing. What are these five digits telling me? They seem quite random??

Also I am a bit surprised that there were no charging adaptors supplied for the price. I had to make one to connect the battery! I appreciate that there are probably dozens of different ones out there but they could have at least supplied a couple of 4mm male connectors to go into the charge sockets!

Advert

Post us a piccy of the screen Mike. sounds like it may be the individual cell voltages - these will fluctuate during a balance charge. The charge current will reduce as the battery "fills up".

LiPo is charged with a CCCV algorithm which means constant current, then constant voltage...so as the pack reaches a preset voltage level the constant current phase ends, and the constant voltage phase starts and this CV continues until the pack is full. balance charging will always take longer than simple charging....varying of course dependednt on how out of balance the pack was to start. Some chargers  apply a balance straight away...whereas the smarter ones (like my I-charger 1010) wait until the pack has reached a pre-set level which speeds things up a bit.

Thanks again Timbo. Always a comfort to know you're there  Here's a pic of the screen as it is at this moment. Hope you can see it OK.

The battery states not to exceed 4.2v/cell while charging but I notice that towards the end of the charge the voltage goes up to around 12.7v (4.2v/cell). This isn't a lot over the recommendation so hope its OK.

The numbers at the right are 01613??? I would expect six numbers if it was individual cell voltage?

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb42/cheddar-caveman/Img_5028.jpg

OK - this is fine.... very slight overvoltage readout of the LCD is normal and often the length of leads can alter the true reading....nothing to worry about.

The long 5 digit figure is the total mahr that has been put back into the battery during charge.

I am guessing that to see the individual cell voltages during balance you will need to press the > key or simialr and then scroll through the cells IYSWIM 

Thanks Timbo. Yes, on completion of charge, like now, I press the "BatteryType" key for 3sec and it goes to a data page and by using the inc/dec arrow keys I can see all the battery and charge details. Each cell now reads 4.19v so look pretty good!

Ok, into the Tiger and off I go (only problem is it is peeeeeeeeeing down so will have to postpone first flight until tomorrow! Phewww!

• 3 years later...

Ok one quick call to Logic, and all was revealled - Its's a DATA Link Conection, if you go on their site and type in USB in their search it shows them there. The one needed is retailing at the moment is £14.99 and there's a link to Logveiw Software (Free Download)

http://www.logicrc.com/default.aspx?ItemId=O-FS-USBADAPT&s=

and

http://www.logview.info/vBulletin/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2

Hope that helps others wondering too.

Neil