Advert

I always use MG servos on the slope if I can get them in. Don't remember what fits in the Ocelot. Just pay for decent centering and good servo arms and you'll be fine.

lots of people go for a 60" as their first mouldie. Me too ( a shooting star many moons ago).

Take an Ocelot, out in a blow, add a good hill like the Bwlch, a passing thermal, a f3f timer and a decent set of thumbs and this is what can happen: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=64RHioX1KlU

I've tended to go modestly priced on servos, but i've recently noticed how good servos can make the model easier to fly (hence the decision to fit 5475 digis in my funtana) so i'll see which of the hitecs is the right size. i actually flew a shooting star belonging to a clubmate recently and found it remarkably easy to fly.

The ad on soaring USA states that the 37.60 run is "the current F3F world record". Surely not anymore?

I haven't seen a carbon one, to be honest mate.  the ocelot flies really well. I would just make sure you are confident you can land it accurately.  They are not weak in the sense they can't take flight loads. As Andy says they are very quick, but I feel rather hard to live with when not flying.   

Landings happen to be one of my specialities, even in tight spots. I think the 4 servo wing, which i intend to go for, will make this even easier. I suppose even if the materials aren't very strong, its often the way they are put together that matters and gives structural strength. As for storage, i'll have to be even more careful than usual!