Hi Folks,

come across a plan for a 110'' span free flight powered glider, thing is I would like to fit it out for r/c but could there be anything hiding that I will have to change or be aware of? some designs have a deliberately distorted wing to make it fly in circles etc, what else will I have to watch for?,

regards,        Terry

Advert

I doubt that a free flight powered glider 110" span will have any design aspects that will cause you any problems with R/C other than perhaps too much dihedral.  I f you want to just use R/C to thermal hunt and keep glider over your field, then stay with dihedral.  If you want to do more then consider reducing dihedral and fitting ailerons. 

what glider is it ?  and what will weight and engine size likely be -some forum members may be able to be more specific if they knew the model.

re small servos etc - consider the size of the control surfaces and likely speeds - normal sized and power servos may be more relevant - again it is back to what you want out of the model. A 110" model is a big model

John