Past Review Models - feedback and prices

KC - RCME Editor

Quite soon I hope to start an occasional series in the magazine on past review models, of which I am lucky enough to have quite a few in my collection. A few too many in fact, so I am intending to thin out my flock. But before doing so I thought it would be interesting to fly them again to see if my notes on them have changed over the years, and whether I really want to keep them or not. And I do mean years, as some aeroplanes go back to my first stint as Editor of RCM&E back in the early 90s!

If you have owned and/or flown the models to be featured, then it would be great to hear from you with your own thoughts and feelings about them. It would also be good to hear from those with some knowledge of the second-hand market as to their current value, so that we can all build our knowledge of what different types of models are worth when sold on.

To start with I'll be looking at a little and large pair of aerobatic models with a common connection - ace R/C pilot Quique Somenzini, who designed both models. First up is E-flite's Carbon-Z Splendor, followed by the Edge 540QQ 280 BNF, also from E-flite.

Please note that if you do respond to this thread then I may lift some of your words and/or price estimates to use as quotes in the magazine.

Advert

Thanks, Bob

That's interesting. I put my away for a long time as I wasn't that convinced about it either when comparing it with my Angel S and Wind S 50. But I guess it's going to be heavier than a highly built wooden airframe. I fly it now at a site that has a lot of trees, which I keep the SebArts well away from, and it always seems to impress my club mates. It has become my regular hack recently...

Kevin

I fly it on the lowest rates for smooth aeros and rarely switch in more for any 3D stuff. I've got better planes for that but it's not really my style. I prefer turnaround flying, which the Splendor seems rather good at. I'll shut up now or I'll be writing the article here instead of in the mag! smiley

I'll just keeping monitoring things now so apologies if I go mute with any other members. Over to you, guys...